- Is Oxiclean Safe For Septic Systems? – Let’s Find Out! - November 3, 2022
- Can You Use Oxiclean On Baby Clothes? – The Answer Might Surprise You! - November 3, 2022
- Can You Put Oxiclean In Toilet Bowl? – All You Should Know! - November 3, 2022
How to clean a toaster oven tray? Have you had a toaster oven smeared with the nastiest burned gunk and grease?
Have you tested all sorts of methods and commercial cleaning items that claimed to do the job but still ended up disappointing you?
Whether it’s for baking, roasting, or just heating left-overs, Toaster ovens are convenient and essential.
A toaster oven plays a significant role in our daily life, and although it may seem not a big of a deal, it makes everything easier.
If you are in a rush or really don’t feel like cooking, an oven toaster is a great and quick way to have your food ready in no time.
That is why It is vital to keep it clean and maintained after every use.
In this article, we are going to show you a complete guide on how to clean a toaster oven tray, so read on below to know more!
How to Clean a Toaster Oven Tray
Food splatters and regular use of a toaster oven will quickly result in a build-up of grease forming inside your equipment.
A build-up of grease and food chunks can result in a possible fire accident but no need to worry!
It is possible to remove this burnt-on layer, and there are many ways to do so.
However, always keep in mind that the longer the grease stays, the more effort it will take to clean it (and we wouldn’t want that.)
Regular cleanings and maintenance can help make the method of removal easy and stress-free.
Take note of these quick and easy steps on how to clean your toaster oven tray.
How to Clean a Toaster Oven Tray
Things you will need for this purpose are as follows:
- Cloth or sponge
- Liquid soap detergent
- Water to wash off
Steps to Clean
1. After using your toaster oven, unplug it and carefully remove the tray and place it on your sink.
2. Run the tray through the water. The pressure of the water will allow the left-over grease and chunks of food to fall off. Make sure to do both sides and as well as the bottom part of the tray.
3. After running the tray with water, take a damp cloth or sponge with a drop of your preferred liquid dish soap.
4. In order to avoid any unruly food crumbs or oily stains, rub the moist soapy cloth/sponge across the base of the tray. Add more liquid detergent to ensure removal of grease.
5.Once you have made sure that you have covered all the tray’s area, thoroughly wash off any soap residue. Let it dry off before placing it back in your toaster oven.
Cleaning Your Oven Toaster Further
Other than the oven toaster tray, the appliance also contains a glass which helps you see the insides of the equipment.
Also, there is a heating element which is responsible for producing the heat needed for baking and broiling.
Just like the tray, it is crucial to keep these parts cleaned and maintained if you want your oven toaster to operate in the highest performance possible and to make it last for a long time.
Since you’re already here, we have added an additional step on how to clean toaster oven glass and heating elements to give you a quick, easy and simple idea for you to preserve a quality oven toaster!
How to Clean Toaster Oven Glass: Quick and Easy!
Cleaning the Exterior Part
Things you will need for this step are as follows:
- You preferred natural glass cleaners, such as distilled white vinegar or lemon juice
- Microfiber cloths
Steps of Cleaning the Outside of Toaster
- First thing’s first, spray the glass cleaner on the outside part of your oven door. It’s good to use a natural glass cleaner since it can preserve the quality of the material.
- Using a downward stroke, wipe the cleaner with the microfiber cloth. Make sure to cover all the sides.
- Utilize a dry and clean microfiber cloth since this can help avoid scratching the glass. Gently wipe and eliminate any streaks out of the toaster oven glass until you can’t see trails of streaks.
Cleaning the Interior Part
Things you will need to clean the interior of your equipment’s Glass:
- Microfiber cloths
- 1⁄2 cup of baking soda
- A bowl that is small to medium-sized water
- A razor blade (can be optional)
Steps for Cleaning the Interior Part
Step 1. Open your equipment’s door. Make sure it is laying flat to give you a better view of the glass. Wipe it with a damp microfiber cloth to take off some of the greases
Step 2. In a bowl, add in the baking soda and water, slowly mix it together to create a paste. The texture should be like a shaving cream
Step 3. Once the paste is ready, spread a fair amount of the past on the inside part of your toaster oven’s window glass. Ensure that you cover all the sides
Step 4. Let the paste stay for about 15 to 20 minutes. After, moisten a microfiber cloth and gently wipe away the paste
Step 5. If there are still stuck-on food chunks, you can use a razor blade to slowly remove it (but be careful you do not hurt yourself!) Make sure that you do not scratch your glass, so use the flat edge of the razor
Step 6. If you have performed all the steps, you can use a dry microfiber cloth to ensure that there is no remaining dirt or product on the glass.
How to Clean a Toaster Oven Heating Element
Now, let us move to the heating element and learn how you can make it perfect clean for next use.
The things you will need for this purpose are as follows:
- Soapy Water
- Soft Cloth
- Dry Cloth
- Baking Soda (can be optional)
Steps of Cleaning Toaster Heating Element
Step 1. Start by unplugging the toaster oven from your outlet.
It is never safe to clean a kitchen appliance that is still plugged in since this can lead to accidents
Step 2. Utilizing a damp cloth with a little soap, clean the surface of the heating element carefully and gently but you can increase your power stroke if stains are stubborn and hard to remove
Step 3. If stains are still hard to remove, add some vinegar to a moist piece of cloth and wipe the stains until it is eliminated. Be careful you do not break the heater
Step 4. Rinse off the heating elements carefully and let them dry for about as much as they need to.
Make sure they are already dry when you place it back in the equipment.
If you’re still in search for more information about cleanliness and maintenance of an oven toaster, you can check these links out:
To maintain a clean toaster oven is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also hygienic, and a protection measure against a possible fire or accident.
We hope this guide has helped you and its other parts.
Therefore, it is a crucial habit to maintain it clean to ensure that it operates safely and competently.
Now that you know how to clean a toaster oven tray and make it spotless clean, you can now enjoy your appliance to the fullest for many years to come!
Read Next: Learn the dangers of eating spoiled meat!