- Can You Flush Toilet Seat Covers or Not? - September 15, 2023
- How to Make Sure Gas Stove is Off? – Quick Methods - September 15, 2023
- Can An Air Mattress Burst or Not? – (Little Known Facts!) - September 15, 2023
Learning how to remove weed smell from oven is vital. With time, especially with regular usage, our ovens might begin to emit unpleasant scents.
But, you just cannot ignore it if your oven smells like weed, as opening the oven door every time can be a frustrating reminder of your past actions.
Fortunately, there are methods available to get rid of the odor and restore your oven’s original, pleasant smell.
So, how to get the smell of weed out of your oven quickly and effectively?
You can always use vanilla essence, lemon, baking soda, and other commercial deodorizers to remove the weed smell from the oven.
How to Remove Weed Smell from Oven?
If you like to cook with cannabis, you might have noticed a noxious weed smell infiltrating your oven.
Disappointing, especially if you fear the odor will spread to other parts of your home.
Do you think you really have to live with that? Thankfully, no. You can actually find a number of ways to eliminate any weed smell from your oven.
Use Baking Soda and Vinegar
Using baking soda combined with vinegar is surely going to help you remove any weed smell lingering in your oven. And it works pretty well no matter how strong the smell seems.
In most cases, one cup of baking soda put on the oven floor is a good place to start when cleaning the oven.
But here is how to proceed:
- Prepare a safe and effective cleaning solution first.
- Simply combine two cups of white vinegar with one liter of water in a spray bottle.
- Make a paste by adding vinegar to baking soda and leave it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Then, wipe the paste from the oven walls.
- Use a sponge to remove it from your oven and then wipe it down with a clean towel.
- To deep clean the oven, fill a heat-proof dish with white vinegar.
- Now set it on the lowest oven rack.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bring the water to a boil.
Tip: You can always take advantage of the self-clean option on your oven to get rid of any smell.
Using Lemon and Water
You do not always need to rely on chemicals to get rid of the weed smell of your oven. Sometimes something as natural as citrus fruits would do.
In fact, using citrus fruits like lemons and oranges is a way to deodorize your oven organically.
Here is what to do:
- Pour an inch of water into a container that can withstand high temperatures.
- Now that a couple of lemons and add them to the bowl.
- Put the bowl on the oven rack and boil at 120F for about an hour.
- This should purify the air and eliminate odors without any added chemicals.
Tip: Lemons work particularly well, but you can also get similar results from orange peel.
Using Water and Vanilla Extract
Using the combination of vanilla extract and water is a simple, non-toxic way to get rid of the smell of weed or any burnt food for that matter.
It serves as a great way to mask any unwanted smells you may notice in your oven.
Simply follow these steps for good effects:
- Start by filling a bowl suitable for the oven with about an inch of water.
- Now, simply add a teaspoon of vanilla essence to the water.
- Now, stir the mixture gently.
- Put the bowl on the lowest oven shelf and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Leave the bowl in the oven for at least an hour for the vanilla to evaporate.
- The vanilla essence will permeate the oven as well as your room to eliminate any bad odor.
Using Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal is a natural odor absorber that can be used to get rid of pungent scents like the smell of cannabis.
- First, remove any obviously dirty items to clean your oven with activated charcoal.
- Leave the oven open for a day.
- Then close the oven door and place a dish of activated charcoal on the lowest shelf.
- Give it long enough to absorb the lingering smells.
- Then, throw away the bowl of activated charcoal after a few hours.
- Now, clean the area with a moist towel to remove any lingering particles or residue.
- Lastly, switch on the oven after rinsing the inside with a damp cloth.
Use Coffee Grounds
The odor of marijuana can be eliminated from an oven by using coffee grounds, another natural deodorizer.
The best thing is that using this method does not require any serious preparation.
It is cheap yet highly effective.
- Throw your used grinds for coffee onto a baking pan and heat them up in the oven.
- The coffee grinds should be baked for around 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The used coffee grounds will neutralize the scent and restore the oven’s original smell.
Use Essential Oils
Natural deodorizers like essential oils can be used to cover up the stink of marijuana cooked in the oven.
- First, get some essential oil of your choice, like eucalyptus, peppermint, or lavender.
- Put a few drops of your preferred essential oil on a cotton ball or a small piece of cloth.
- Turn on your oven’s lowest temperature and place the cotton ball or cloth inside.
- As the oils evaporate, they will leave a nice aroma in your oven.
Try a Commercial Deodorizer
When all the natural remedies do not provide you with satisfactory results, you might want to try some commercial deodorizers.
There are a number of commercial deodorizers on the market that are made to eliminate tough smells like marijuana smoke.
Choose an oven-safe deodorizer and use it according to the directions on the bottle.
Remember, these products can successfully cover up the smell of burning cannabis in the oven, but be sure to follow all the instructions properly.
Go with Professional Cleaning
Sometimes, the smell of weed or burnt food is so stubborn that no matter what you do, you still notice a faint smell all the time. That is when you need the help of a professional.
Professional oven cleaning services are an option if the aforementioned solutions are ineffective or if you lack the necessary time or equipment to clean the oven on your own.
Those professional cleaners have the equipment and skills to remove stubborn weed smell from your oven and your house as well.
Moreover, they can check your oven for damage and other safety issues as well.
Other Ways to Remove Weed Smell from Your Home
Now you might have gathered what you need to do when you want to remove the weed smell from the oven. But, what if the smell has escaped the oven and is now spread in your room?
Here is what you can do in this situation.
Treat the Walls
The odor of smoke should not be allowed to permeate your house. You need to follow several steps and remember a few tips to be able to remove that smell from your room.
Tip: Both painted and wallpapered walls can be cleaned using this procedure; however, if you have very sensitive wallpaper, you may want to test a small area first.
Cleanse the Furniture
Getting rid of any weed smell from your furniture requires some hard work.
Begin by dusting all the furniture first. You may keep them clean with periodic cleaning using an appropriate soapy solution.
Carefully consider the furniture’s materials before deciding on a cleaning solution.
Fabric-covered furniture may have more intricate designs. In some cases, this covering can be removed from the cushions and washed with the rest of the furniture.
There may be other areas where the fabric is permanently attached. This can be cleaned with baking soda, left for a day or so, and then vacuumed up much like a carpet.
Tip: Dish soap (natural brands are recommended), water, white vinegar, and baking soda can be used to create a DIY deodorizing solution.
So, how to remove weed smell from oven quickly and effectively? Using activated charcoal, lemon, baking soda, essential oils, and commercial deodorizers will all work to remove any weed smell from your home.
Similarly, the odor of marijuana can be eliminated from a room by treating the walls and furnishings with the proper cleaning products.
If the odor persists, hiring a cleaning service may be your best bet.