- Should Shower Curb Match Floor or Wall Tile? – Things You Must Know! - October 9, 2022
- How To Make Polyurethane Dry Faster? – The Speedy Options - September 29, 2022
- Polyurethane Cloudy After Sanding? – Here’s How To Fix It! - September 29, 2022
I am here to direct you on how to get Red Gatorade out of carpet.
Maybe you must have just spilled Red Gatorade on your expensive carpet and you are freaking out. There’s no cause for alarm.
The same happened to my precious Berber carpet a couple of days back. I did my research and I came up with some amazing results.
That’s relieving, right?
Yeah, there are many tricks that you can apply to get your carpet back to its amazing look.
We’ll be highlighting those in this article.
You can use different methods to get Red Gatorade off your carpet. These include the alkaline method, hydrogen peroxide method, club soda method, white vinegar method, shaving cream method, and detergent method.
Best Methods On How To Get Red Gatorade Out Of Carpet: Who Is Ready For The Dive?
The Alkaline Method
Yeah, you got it right there! The alkaline method is a superb way to get Red Gatorade out of carpet.
Its nature is quite active in combating the stains of Red Gatorade. More than Red Gatorade, alkaline household cleaner is a very active substance for stain remover.
It works perfectly in removing different types of stains. Sure, it’s an essential product to have handy in your home.
Most interesting is the fact that it leaves your carpet as it is without altering its texture and color.
Steps On Using Alkaline Method
- Use a paper towel to absorb the spilled Red Gatorade as much as possible.
- Mix a teaspoon of alkaline cleaner and a teaspoon of dishwashing soap in a bowl
- Add to the mixture a quarter cup of warm water
- Gently pour the mixture over the stain, then let it sit for some time.
- The stain will fade away, so you just rinse off with clean water and tap to dry using a clean towel.
Tip: If the stain is a deep one and was leftover time, Then you will need to repeat the cycle over and again. Maybe twice or thrice, till you have your desired result.
Hydrogen Peroxide Method
Another easy method of getting Red Gatorade out of carpet is to use hydrogen peroxide.
Hydrogen Peroxide is a good cleaning agent and will effectively remove most stains, especially when applied immediately after stain.
It will infiltrate into the stain. And since hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent, it will do its work.
Do not use a higher concentration of about 6% or more. This might end up bleaching the color of your carpet and altering the texture.
Tip: It is advised to use about 3% hydrogen peroxide concentration only.
Steps On Using Hydrogen Peroxide Method
- Using a paper towel, absorb as much Red Gatorade you can off the carpet
- Drop the hydrogen peroxide to soak the stained area very well
- Allow sitting for a while
- Then finally, use a steam cleaner to wipe off the stain.
Tip: You can also use a clean wet white towel and use a steam iron to press against it.
Club Soda Method
Using a club soda works pretty cool because club soda is quite carbonated. It gets Red Gatorade out of the carpet quite easily.
Adding club soda to the Red Gatorade stain will provoke the soda to bubble. When this happens then the Red Gatorade is removed from the carpet.
Steps On Using Club Soda Method
- Firstly, get rid of excess Red Gatorade using a paper towel. The less liquid stain, the easier to get an effective result.
- Go on to pour some club soda on the stain and let it sit for about five to ten minutes.
- Using a clean towel (preferably white), press out the club soda. You can repeat this process till you have a clean and clear surface.
- Finally, dry out using a dry clean towel.
Note: You may need to add one tablespoon of dish wash soap if the stain is deep and persistent.
White Vinegar Method
So I have been saving this method for now. It’s really a great option to get Red Gatorade out of carpet because it leaves your carpet just as good as new!
When choosing a cleanup method for getting rid of any stain on your carpet, you’d be sure to use options that won’t discolor your carpet.
Notwithstanding, considering whether your carpet is made of synthetic or natural fibers, you should know the right vinegar proportion to use.
The good side of vinegar is the fact that it gets rid of Gatorade stains thoroughly and it’s not poisonous.
Steps To Using Vinegar Method
- For synthetic carpets, use two cups of water mixed with one cup of white vinegar.
- Natural carpets use one-quarter cup of water mixed with one-quarter cup of white vinegar.
- Use a white towel to press the solution hard against the stain. Let it absorb and sit for about 30 minutes.
- Wipe with another clean towel continually till the stain all fades
- Clean with clean water
- Finally, dry with a clean and dry paper towel or cloth.
Shaving Cream Method
As funny as it looks, shaving cream is good stain removal and can get Red Gatorade out of the carpet.
The good thing is that almost all homes have at the most a can of shaving cream.
If you don’t, then you might think of buying one because of more than its shaving purpose.
It can serve as a stain remover also.
If, during the adventure, you mistakenly had Red Gatorade spilled over and you don’t have the above-listed products, you can use your shaving cream.
So let’s say that this method is kind of your pocket and your carpet.
How do we achieve a stain-free carpet using shaving cream?
Steps to Using Shaving Cream Method
- First, start by applying enough of the shaving cream directly to the Red Gatorade stain.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes, after which you use a clean white cloth to clean thoroughly until no stain is left behind.
- Go ahead and wet the affected area with the mixture, then wipe off with a white dry cloth.
Tip: If the stain is still persistent, prepare a mixture of water and white vinegar.
Detergent is also a great way to get Red Gatorade out of carpets for both synthetic and natural fiber.
It doesn’t hamper your carpet’s texture. It doesn’t add any annoying pungent smell to your carpet and no residue is left if properly done.
You might have to carry out the process twice or thrice for deeper and stuck stains.
Steps On Using Detergent Method
- Mix a tablespoon of wash soap and one tablespoon of detergent using one cup of water.
- Use a white towel to soak the mixture in the Red Gatorade stain
- Allow sitting for some minutes
- Finally, wipe off using a clean paper towel.
Don’t Let Stains Sit A While, Treat Immediately
Knocking over a cup of Red Gatorade can happen to anyone.
But letting it sit there for a while increases the chances of ruining your expensive carpet.
Treating stains immediately gives you a better opportunity of getting rid of them using the above methods.
The more they sit on the carpets, the more difficult it may become when you eventually decide to get rid of them.
Love your carpet?
Then don’t let stains sit, treat them immediately!
I hope you had your question on “How To Get Red Gatorade Out of Carpet” answered.
But, prevention, they say, is better than cure. So you may want to use a cup with a handle when drinking your Red Gatorade next time.
Also, inculcate the habit of drinking in the dining room only.
Notwithstanding, anything can happen even with extra carefulness. So, when such occurs, remember the above remedies and wipe them off as quickly as possible!
Thank you for tagging along this far. Do not forget to give us feedback on how the remedies worked!